Quantcast

Audio Technica ATH-A500X Hi-Fi Headphones Review

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Nice review Ed.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones for use in the house and have been waiting for a group test from somewhere.

The Audio Technica seem ideal, but they leak some sound, whereas the Beyer don't sound quiet as good, but isolate better?

Choices, choices.

Your opinion of the Beats certainly matches what I've read about them.
Totally overpriced.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
For the use you describe, I definately go for the Audio Technica. It is the best sub £200 headphone I've seen in years. The amount of sound it leaks shouldn't be an issue unless your significant other is really picky. I've used the £220 A700X as well and that is sensational.

The Beyerdynamic is a superb all rounder but if you don't want to use them on the move, you don't really need that.

wease

For the use you describe, I definately go for the Audio Technica. It is the best sub £200 headphone I've seen in years. The amount of sound it leaks shouldn't be an issue unless your significant other is really picky. I've used the £220 A700X as well and that is sensational.

The Beyerdynamic is a superb all rounder but if you don't want to use them on the move, you don't really need that.
Do you think the A700X is worth the extra £60?

Thanks

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Do you think the A700X is worth the extra £60?

Thanks
For portable use with MP3 and suchlike?- No. For lossless and high res audio through a quarter inch headphone jack- yes, I think so.

Top Bottom