Audio system for living room

sparx971

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I know this kind of question has probably been asked 1000 times but I am really lost and I don't know what to buy.

I recently bought a 4k TV and I want a Sound system to enjoy my movies and Tv Shows (mostly Netflix or connected trough hdmi from my laptop). I am also planning to buy soon a ps4 but my priority are definitely a good system for movies and Tv shows.

I don't have a huge budget (around 600-700$)

I was hesitating between a proper system receiver + speakers or a soundbar. I would love to have decent surround effect (virtual or with speakers). I have an opened living room (open on the left side of the Tv if that makes sense).

What soundbar could give me good results?

How about a budget home theatre system like this one:

Yamaha 5.1-Channel Home Theatre Systems

I went to hear it in the shop but it was only a demo video of bird singing. Not the best to have a opinion.....

Thanks for your help guys

Surround Sound requires you have four solid walls - having an Open Plan layout makes things very difficult whichever way you go.

I would concentrate on the Front sound stage as dialogue is way more important than Surround effects - esp in a room where any Surround effects are going to be lost or very lop sided.

Joe

Thank you for your answer.

Could you advise me some good soundbars which could deliver good front sound stage please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom