Audio system for beginner

kpat5

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum and AV in general, so apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place. I've recently bought the LG CX for my open plan living room and am hoping to build up a decent audio system over time (currently using the inbuilt TV speakers). My eventual goal is to have a good 5.1 system but the cost and availability of AV receivers has made me think I should start with a stereo system/sound bar. My short term goal is just to have a noticeable improvement over the TV speakers and in particular in speech clarity. Ideally a stereo/soundbar would also be something I could incorporate into the full 5.1 system.

Longer term, I'll have more budget to spend on the full system so I initially thought of a Denon 2700/3700h + Q Acoustics 3030i combo. However, I think my needs are pretty basic and I'm wondering if this is overkill - my source material is mostly Netflix, BBC etc, with the occasional bluray, and I can't drive the speakers too loud since the shared wall is pretty thin!

So my questions are: Are there any value stereo/soundbar options for home theatre use that could be recommended? (Would a sub £200 stereo amp + speakers be better than TV speakers?) Are there cheaper/better options than the Denon 2700/3700h for my usage? Perhaps any old AVRs that could provide good value?

Many thanks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Did you make any progress with your system options?

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom