1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Sync Way Out When Authoring DVD's!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by DaveH, Jul 31, 2004.

1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi all,

I have tried to transfer a simple mov 5 minute clip I have to hard disk to see what it would come out like on a burnt DVD before I burn an entire disks worth of stuff.

The results have been completely frustrating.

I have tried DVD Workshop 2.0 and DVD Movie Factory 3.0 both with the same result.

The clip plays fine in their preview windows it's just when the film is burnt to DVD/Hard disk the audio is behind the film by 2 seconds all the way through!

I have tried different clips of different file extensions and the same thing happens.

So the problem lies with the authoring (converting to DVD format).

It's incredibly disheartening. I have almost finished transferring my brothers wedding to DVD ready to be burnt but what's the point if it is lagging behind like this!

I have done a lot of searches on Google, I seem to find people with similar problems but cannot find solutions.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Have you tried the Ulead support forums.

Found this on there

Anyone who has files with synchronised audio that become desynchronised when put on a DVD here is the solution:

Demultiplex the files before importing them into DVDWS!

DVDWS can't handle the demultiplex phase with some files, and remultiplexes them with audio out of sync. Demultiplex the files to m2v and mpa using a program such as Tmpg. If you get a file with the "m1v" extension, rename it to "m2v" or DVDWS won't accept it. Similarly, rename "mp2" to "mpa". Now DVDWS will have no problem multiplexing the final build.

This solution only applies to files which normally have good audio sync. If the original file has sync problems, see my post "How To Fix Audio Sync Problems 102"

You can use TMPGEnc to do the demultiplexing. Get free trial version here
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

3. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the reply,

when I was digging around yesterday I found the software you mention.

Unfortunately it cannot do files of extension .mov. I guess I'll have to covert the movs to avi or something.

I also noticed that my DV material does not lag on behind on audio. It's just a few of the extra clips i have added that are in MOV that lag.

Thanks.