Audio sync issue after changing tv

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a new tv, Samsung AU9000.
Connected to a Yamaha RX-V483 and on to VM Tivo v6.
On some channels,HD ones in particular, the audio is out of sync.This is with the receiver OFF.I haven't noticed any issues with the receiver on and there were no issues with my previous Philips tv.
I've connected the tv directly to the tivo and the audio is in sync.
Is there a setting I need to be changing ?

The TV may be applying more video processing than your previous TV and this can result in the audio then being out of sync with the video. Processing the audio may be lessening this and bringing the audio back closer in sync with the video, hence why it is less noticable when the AV receiver is engaged? Your AV receiver probably has an auto sync option that would be engaged by default so this too would come into play while the AV receiver is in use.

The issue is basically caused by your TV and its video processing.

Well the signal from the tivo went down today and it turned out to be the hdmi lead,swapped it out and the sync problem seems to have been fixed also..... touch wood 🙂

Well the signal from the tivo went down today and it turned out to be the hdmi lead,swapped it out and the sync problem seems to have been fixed also..... touch wood 🙂

Swapping the cables may have instigated a fresh HDMI handshake between the devices and this in turn may have rectified the issue.

I hope it stays fixed for you and that it doesn't revert.

Replaced all the HDMI cables with premium certified cables and the problem has gone away.
Also,if I switched on the tivo before the tv, audio was always out of sync until I changed channel,now that's fixed also

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom