Audio sync (again) 43UP81006LR

Motleyfool

Novice Member
I bought the above tv 4 months ago, and have repeated audio delay issues (lip sync).
1) sat TV is generally OK, but often I need to add 30ms audio delay to the Plex and/or Prime app to get lip sync. This is annoying, and not consistent, but manageable.
2) if I turn on my eARC connected hifi, the lip sync delay then shows zero (presumably because new HDMI detected) and lip sync goes out. I can set the hifi HDMI to have 30ms delay, but then it would be out if sync for regular TV.
3) I used to be able to set different lip sync for different aps (YouTube and BBC iPlayer did not need it) but as of software update 3.21.20, I cannot. Hence, if I set 30ms audio delay for Plex, I then have the same for Iplayer and YouTube!

It is many button presses and waits to change the lip sync, and it's driving me crazy. Is there any solution, apart from chucking the TV and abandoning LG for ever?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the club! LG TVs are renowned for lip sync issues. Many of we LG owners experience the problem. Altering the TrueMotion picture settings might help, but ultimately to avoid lip sync issues avoid LG. I’ll be selling my LG when I can afford to replace it.

Motleyfool

Novice Member
Welcome to the club! LG TVs are renowned for lip sync issues. Many of we LG owners experience the problem. Altering the TrueMotion picture settings might help, but ultimately to avoid lip sync issues avoid LG. I’ll be selling my LG when I can afford to replace it.
Thanks.
Yes, it's ridiculous. Just adding a quick access to turning sync delay on/off would be hugely helpful, but I just get nonsense back from LG support.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom