Audio sound and Picture not syncing

Steve Adlem

Standard Member
Hi

Some advice please. I have recently purchased an LG OLED tv and its been setup a week now. The picture is fantastic. However, im having issues with the voice/audio/lip syncing as its slightly out from watching the screen to hearing. Its quite annoying. Im sure this is a subject people have discussed before and im hoping to find a fix.

I have a Freeview box connected to an AV receiver which gives 5.1 surround. Most channels seem to be an issue.
Last night i turned off the PVR and surround and just used the tv itself and it seemed to work great.
So does that mean theres something wrong with the PVR or AMP or cabling? The AMP is second hand and put in while the new tv was installed, but everything works speaker wise, so im currently at a loss regarding where to start to find a fix.
I would like to have the surround sound and use the Freeview box but its, as ive said previously, annoying.

Any help and advice much appreciated.
Thanks

mikej

I would check the set-up or sound menus on the AVR and/or PVR for any audio delay / lip-sync settings - this will allow you to set a small delay (measured in milliseconds) which may help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom