AUDIO Settings Greyed Out

marcel500

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was searching in the forum but couldnt really find the answer to my problem.

I am having a new LG Smart TV (32inch).

When I stream via plex client the AUDIO setting are greyed out so I can't change the language, which is super stupid. Somebdoy:lease: an idea what the problem is?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks

Hey, I was searching in the forum but couldnt really find the answer to my problem.

I am having a new LG Smart TV (32inch).

When I stream via plex client the AUDIO setting are greyed out so I can't change the language, which is super stupid. Somebdoy:lease: an idea what the problem is?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks

What be great if someone could help.

what do you mean language settings? do mean subtitles?

What be great if someone could help.

Have you tried the q-menu button at the bottom right of the TV remote this gives you a menu for picture and audio settings, when using on line steaming like lovefilm and i player, may also work for plex streaming.

jono.

Have you tried the q-menu button at the bottom right of the TV remote this gives you a menu for picture and audio settings, when using on line steaming like lovefilm and i player, may also work for plex streaming.

jono.

It does work for plex but you need to have the relevent data/plugin set in the plex server.

jono.

Yes, tried everything. Attached a picture of the greyed out settings menu.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 671
It does work for plex but you need to have the relevent data/plugin set in the plex server.

Please see the screenshot I just posted, all greyed out. What data plugin are u referring too?

Please see the screenshot I just posted, all greyed out. What data plugin are u referring too?

In the media manager of plex there are options, you need to sign in and under the settings(top right crossed tools) check Agents + Languages, these enable you to adjust the plugins that are available. However if you don't have the correct language either audio or Subs you may have to get them manually then insert into the correct folder otherwise they DON'T show up in your player:suicide:.
This is a server so you may have to do some manual adjustments to get what you want, as much as there is a plug and play element the rest is down to you:rolleyes:

In the media manager of plex there are options, you need to sign in and under the settings(top right crossed tools) check Agents + Languages, these enable you to adjust the plugins that are available. However if you don't have the correct language either audio or Subs you may have to get them manually then insert into the correct folder otherwise they DON'T show up in your player:suicide:.
This is a server so you may have to do some manual adjustments to get what you want, as much as there is a plug and play element the rest is down to you:rolleyes:

I did this but it is still not working! What are the manual adjustments you are referring too?

First what files are you playing?
Any extra audio, languages, subs all need to be in the same file. They need to be named the same as the video except at the end it will have .srt or whatever.
Give some information on the actual file.
Do you have "media info" installed if so post the details it gives.
The main reason for any of those settings to be greyed out is if don't have the extra files I have subs files in the same folder and I get a choice of subs.

First what files are you playing?
Any extra audio, languages, subs all need to be in the same file. They need to be named the same as the video except at the end it will have .srt or whatever.
Give some information on the actual file.
Do you have "media info" installed if so post the details it gives.
The main reason for any of those settings to be greyed out is if don't have the extra files I have subs files in the same folder and I get a choice of subs.

I am only playing MKV files, in which the sub are embedded. Is this wrong or what?

I am only playing MKV files, in which the sub are embedded. Is this wrong or what?

If the subs are embedded(hard coded into the video) then you cannot turn them off as they are part of the actual film and not a separate file.
If you have, ?????.mkv(with embedded subs)then you cant turn them off.
if you have, folder:containing: subs folder + ????.mkv, then you should see a option that you are looking for.

If the subs are embedded(hard coded into the video) then you cannot turn them off as they are part of the actual film and not a separate file.
If you have, ?????.mkv(with embedded subs)then you cant turn them off.
if you have, folder:containing: subs folder + ????.mkv, then you should see a option that you are looking for.

I can switch languages for the same movie in the web and iPad client of plex, so I assume it should work on the LG TV as well. It's about the language not the subtitle, I remember I might be wrong that it was working before the last firmware but not sure anymore.

Been reading through some of the Plex forums, seems there may be an issue in the Plex server, that said all my TV progs automaticaly load up subs ect, So it might just be films that have the problem?
hen you use plex do you go via the home button or do you use the input button?

Been reading through some of the Plex forums, seems there may be an issue in the Plex server, that said all my TV progs automaticaly load up subs ect, So it might just be films that have the problem?
hen you use plex do you go via the home button or do you use the input button?

No not the movie, tried it with several. I am using the home button.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom