audio problems ?? macbook pro output to 507xd

dannydj

Distinguished Member
hi to all - just a quick question regarding connecting my macbook pro to my pio 507, im using a dvi to hdmi cable for the video signal but was wondering how to get a sound output from my mac to the 507. Is it indeed possible to have the audio cables plugged into another input (1-5) which would allow the sound to be heard if veiwing input 4 hdmi??? much like when using a 360 on the 507 ??? also is it possible to get 1:1 pixel mapping via the dvi to hdmi cable on the 507 ??

many thanks in advance

P

Pioneer Man

Hello,

If you use the HDMI input 3 you can select in the OPTION - HDMI menu to use an analogue audio feed, you would then connect the analogue audio out of the Mac to the Scart 3 input.

You will not be able to get 1 to 1 pixel mapping as the 507 is not designed to take a video input from a computer via HDMI, you would be better off using the VGA input.

That said, get an amp and do the audio properly....

dannydj

Distinguished Member
thanks pioman!! i was considering purchasing the dvi to vga cable. but the guys in the apple store advised me that connecting through hdmi would give a better output (1080p), although the max resolution my max lets me choose is 1080i 50/ 60hz. Would I have been best of going for the vga output method instead??

P

Pioneer Man

It would have been best to use VGA from the start, it works fine and it is designed for PC connection in this way where as HDMI is very hit and miss when you use the DVI output from a PC.

DVI and HDMI are related in the same way that a human and an ape are, close but no banana

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom