Audio problem with Samsung DVD-HD850 - help!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BrassiK, Sep 15, 2005.

1. BrassiK

BrassiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a really odd problem with my Samsung DVD-HD850 which I wonder if any of you guys can shed some light on please?

OK, I'm running it through an HDMI cable into my JVC LT32DS6B, and have 720p enabled, with sound set to bitstream.

All fine and dandy, as I know about the annoying "HDMI audio not supported" message, that doesn't really bother me!

What does, however, bug the crap out of me is that when I switch the audio from PCM to Bitstream, the screen is forever "reformatting" (for want of a better description) almost as if it's trying to find the screen mode to use. It's the same effect you get when you're in display options and you switch from 480 to 720p and then 1080i.

It does this on every DVD menu screen, and also when skipping chapters, but NOT when you pause or ff/rewind. Quite frankly it's driving me potty! And the funny thing is, it ONLY does this when set to Bitstream....PCM has NO problems at all, but obviously I can't get 5.1 in this mode!!!

I've tried fiddling with every other option/setting on both the TV and DVD player that I can think of and it still happens....my mate (who has the same set up of player and TV) has the same problem too!

Any ideas what the issue is? Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?

Thanks guys! :smashin:

(1st post btw! shame it's a moaning one)

2. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    No Idea, sorry but why would you want a 5.1 signal going into a TV with 2 speakers?

3. BrassiK

BrassiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woops! I forgot to mention I have 5.1 set up via separate amp!

It sucks, because I can either watch in Pro logic through PCM with no reformatting blips, or in dts/5.1 with this horrible bug.

ARGH!!!

4. amorenod

amorenod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Looks like it happens everytime the "Hdmi audio not supported" message appears in mine (without the formatting problems, that is). Have you tried to set Message Off in the setup?

5. BrassiK

BrassiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you get the same thing happening too, but only when the message about "HDMI not supported" shows?

I'll try setting the machine to messages off, annoying that the player doesn't remember this setting!