1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio problem with Panasonic DMR-EH50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by peterbee, Aug 7, 2005.

1. peterbee

peterbee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm encountering an Audio problem with my Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EH50 and hope someone can help.

When connecting a camcorder to the AV3 using S-VHS and red & white audio leads, set it to play a recording which has a 12-bit audio track, the output is then either

a) taken from AV4 on the rear of the deck, again using S-VHS and audio leads, this output is then passed into my second panasonic DVD recorder (a DMR-E95H) connected via the AV3 input, or

b) taken from AV2 on the EH50 using a 21 pin Scart and connecting to AV2 on the E95H.

Connected subsequently to the E95H is my "old faithful" JVC SVHS VCR which has a "dancing lights" display which shows the Left and Right Audio Channels signal being received

Under both a) and b) scenarios only the Left Audio Channel shows on the display as receiving a signal, and in addition under scenario b) a very audible "spiking" on the high pitched sounds can be heard as if there is interference being received from somewhere.

The same thing happens when playing a programme from the HDD of the deck, whether it be camcorder footage or Sky recorded programmes.

When removing the DMR-EH50 from the loop, and connecting the camcorder direct to AV3 on the E95H via SVHS and red & whites, both the Left and Right Audio on the VCR are being served correctly, therefore is there something I am doing wrong with the EH50 or do folks think I may have a problem with the unit.

Apologies for the length of this enquiry, I hope it makes sense, and thanks in advance for any advice forthcoming

2. the blue angel

the blue angel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you looked at your scart lead