Audio problem with 1920 through DVI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bulldoze, Aug 7, 2006.

1. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a Denon 1920 connected to a LG 32lx2r panel via a DVI cable and the L/R analogue audio connectors and the sound is very indistinct when watching movies. At times I found myself having to concentrate very hard to understand the dialogue. I have tried most of the auduo options on the tv and the dvd player and i just cannot get decent sound! sound from other sources seem fine, so it is definitely something to do with the DVD player.

Anybody any ideas? I am probably doing something very silly I know!

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    Try setting the DVD player to output Stereo only.

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've got the 1920, so check you are using the right outputs. It may be that you are using the Front L and R outputs, when you should be using the Stereo L and R which is next to the HDMI out and the component out on the right hand side looking down on the player... the Front L and R are on the opposite side of the player. The sound is excellent, so unless the TV is knackered that's the only thing I can think of...

4. bulldoze

bulldoze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Its in the right audio ports. and its ouputting in 2 channel, I am at a loss as to why the sound is so poor and indistinct. it was fine when I had my reciever connected to it, just very poor through the tv (the reciever looks ugly in the lounge and the missus wont have speakers all over the place!)

Its as though the music and sound effects overpower the dialogue. I guess the solution is a yamaha ysp800 but with a baby on the way, i have no chance!!

5. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I guess it's just the come down to the TV's speakers, which, in comparison to separates is pretty rubbish...Just have to insist on some speakers !! Maybe just go two channel...as a compromise? And I've had two babies and they prefer decent sound too! They cry when you use the TV speakers...