Question Audio problem Panasonic TX-40AX630B

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by neilcuffe, Jul 9, 2015.

1. neilcuffe

neilcuffe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully someone can help me with a problem that I gave with my new TV that I recently bought from Richer Sounds. I've search the forums but can't see a similar question.

I have a Virgin TiVo box connected to the TV via HDMI, the TiVo was connected to my old TV using the same HDMI cable on my old set which was not a 4K set and was trouble free.

Now using the AX630B I have regular loss of audio when changing channels on the TiVo, sometimes it will only be for a few seconds after a channel change, sometimes it will be a complete loss of audio and will only return once I change AV inputs.

I have again tested the TiVo on another set and it works problem free, I have tried all HDMI ports on the AX630B and the problem is still present. I don't have any other HDMI devices to try out on the TV.

I have taken the TV back to Richer Sounds who could not replicate the problem and advise me to speak to Virgin. They have offered me either a refund or replacement but say there is nothing wrong with the TV.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas as to a setting that may be wrong, I suspect that the TV is at fault and should I seek a replacement but if it is not needed then I'd prefer to keep it.

Thanks,
    Neil

2. MrSpark

MrSpark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    There's still the potential that the Virgin box is either faulty or incompatible with the TV. Do you get sound issues when using the builtin Freeview?