Audio Problem from Sony BDPS350

Neil Bruce

Standard Member
I have just bought a BDPS350 bluray player and I'm having problem with connecting it to my home cinema set up. I'd really appreciate any help with this.

I have a Samsung HTX250 all-in-one player which accepts input via digital optical. However when I attach the BDPS350 I get no sound at all. If I take the optical cable out of the bluray and plug into another device there is no problem with the sound through the Samsung box so I know there isn’t a problem with the cable or the connection. Sound from the bluray through the TV via the HDMI is fine as well.

I currently have the sound configuration on the bluray set up as follows

Audio Output Priority: Coaxil/Optical
Audio (HDMI): Auto
BD Audio Setting: Direct
Audio ATT: Off
Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital
DTS: DTS
48kHz/96kHz PCM: 48kHz/16bit
Audio DRC: Auto
Downmix: Normal

I have tried a number of setting such as changing the Dolby Digital and /DTS outputs to Downmix PCM but I still don’t get any sound.

Does anyone know if the Sony is not compatible with the Samsung system? Are there any known issues with the player.

Thanks for your help

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forum Neil. :)
Your settings are certainly fine you've checked the cable so that's done is there no sound with either Blu-ray or DVD?
All the best.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
No sound from either DVD or Bluray unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

Neil

:(
Never read of any issues with Samsung all-in-ones,usually some units cannot accept DTS over the digital Input but DD always plays.
Hopefully someone else can help.
EDIT: Tried a factory reset,players firmware up to date?

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom