Audio Pro systems?

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by felstead159, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. felstead159

felstead159
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI there

I was all set to purchase a Sonos system for the house but then someone pointed me in the direction of the Audio Pro stuff.

It looks really nice, seems to have some good reviews but I can't find anywhere that physically stocks it so I can hear it. Richer Sounds only have the smallest speaker available to listen to.

Anyone here got any direct experience of it? From having read around the Sonos system generally seems to get the best reviews for it's app and from what I can see is viewed as being of reasonable sound quality (for that type of system). The Audio Pro stuff looks really nice, I quite like the fact that it's perhaps a little different and it is a little cheaper although that isn't the key thing in my decision.

Any input anyone has would be gratefully received.

2. ianeddyluff

ianeddyluff
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I have recently done away with my airplay system throughout the house and replaced it with Audio Pro as I felt that Apple were going to sting the consumer when it came to products that support Airplay2

I currently have an Audio Pro C5 for the bedroom, a Audio Pro Allroom 1 in kitchen and three further Audio Pro Link1 adaptors feeding the garden, living room and dining room setups.

The kit and app are a doddle to use and setup and I have found that streaming to multiple speakers is a lot more stable than with Airplay. However if you have an Apple Music subscription then you cannot stream to multiple speakers at once with the Audio Pro app, it needs to be done via iTunes and the remote app.

I chose the Audio Pro route as converting to Sonos would have been about 3x the outlay.

Only grievances so far are:
    1) the analogue out from the Audio Pro is a 3.5mm headphone jack rather than dual RCAs unless you use the toslink FO connection but then you cannot regulate the volume in the app, only with the amplifier / DAC to which it is connected.
    2) I couldn't find any articles relating to what chips etc are in the guts of the Audio Pro Link 1 adaptors.

Good luck and enjoy.

3. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    How are Apple going to sting the consumer? AirPlay 2 just like AirPlay is being supported by many manufacturers, many of which have already said they will be providing a free update for existing products (e.g. Libretone Zipp).

If I were looking to start a new multi-room system now and I used Apple devices then I would probably hold off any decision until all the options became clear. For all we know Audio Pro may upgrade their current AirPlay products to support AirPlay 2 or may be going to introduce new models.

Also you have sometimes to look a bit wider, as you may want a surround sound system for your TV. Clearly it would be better to look for systems that had a surround sound system that supported multi-room, such as Yamaha or Denon.

4. ianeddyluff

ianeddyluff
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a case of horses for courses I suppose. I have only 2 channel needs and my experience with the audio pro gear has been positive and within my budget. I have no hi-res music so more expensive streaming systems weren't that appealing to me.

It is unlikely that my equipment would have been compatible with AirPlay 2 so hence my decision and I am happy with my choice

5. ianeddyluff

ianeddyluff
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And audio pro is multiroom.

6. sepharad

sepharad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Good luck FINDING Audiopro products at a retailer. I ordered a speaker at Worten in Portugal, only to be told after 3 weeks, they don't have the product.

I went to Audiopro's website to look for their retailers and found an ineffectual listing of countries and companies which either say NOTHING or direct you to contact each company individually

I then contacted Audiopro directly, and asked where I could contact a retailer in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy Hungary, Slovenia or Romania (I am traveling a bit) and received the following response:
    "Hi, Our distributors in Europe are Hama and Aqipa. Which outlets they have changes constantly and we dont have information regarding this."

I have now asked for a contact with their Marketing director.

Hama and Aqipa are apparently some form of marketing companies who job out products to various retailers. They list no names or where products can be obtained.

These guys may or may not sell great speakers. I can't tell because THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHATSOEVER WHERE THERE PRODUCTS ARE SOLD.

This blows my mind.

Jonathan Wexler

7. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,239
    Thanks for providing a LINK to the Audio Pro Equipment -

Sound of Scandinavia - Audio Pro

This stuff has been reviewed by "What HiFi?" and on tech forums, but as to places to get it, that's not clear -

Audio Pro multi-room

Audio Pro Addon C5

Audio Pro C5 & C10: Stylish Multiroom Audio for your Home - Audio Affair Blog

Product review: Audio Pro Addon C5 Wireless Music System | Richer Sounds Blog

Audio Pro C5 Wireless Multi Room Speaker - £199 - AudioAffair

There are many Brands of this type of equipment. I would put more faith in proven SONOS, or Bluesound, or Cambridge, or many others.

Still if you can find the Audio Pro, and you like the price and the specs, fine, no problem.

Audio Pro is also sold on Amazon-UK -

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...keywords=Audio+Pro+C5&rh=i:aps,k:Audio+Pro+C5

And the prices are pretty attractive when you consider the price of a SONOS Play 5 - £499 -

https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Play-Ultimate-Streaming-PL5G2US1BLK/dp/B014LFINIA/

It gets down to a judgement call on the part of the individual and the size of his wallet.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018