Audio Pro C5A Alexa & Spotify

Hou1ie

Standard Member
Hi all,
I'm having trouble with an Audio Pro C5A, Alexa & Spotify, not sure if what I'm trying to do is possible or not.
Let me explain.

Installed and configured C5A, connected to existing Alexa account, have Spotify Premium.
From Spotify App on phone, I play some tunes, select C5A as device - sucess, C5A plays tune.
Say to C5A, "Alexa, what's the time" - sucess, she tells me the time.
Say to C5A, "Alexa, play LyricFM" - sucess, she plays LyricFM via TunedIn.
Say to C5A, "Alexa, play Spotify" - she tells me "This is Spotify" (or words to that effect) - failure, nothing, absolute silence.
I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, un-linked and re-linked everything I can think of - but I've got nowhere.
I then bought an Echo Dot, put it in in another room, say to Dot, "Alexa, play spotify" - sucess, she plays Spotify on the Dot.

Nothing I do lets me tell the C5A to play Spotify via Alexa.

Anyone got any ideas

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Have you tried asking it to play a particular track or album of Spotify i.e. " Alexa, play Barbie Girl by Aqua on Spotify" ?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
You wouldn't even need to say "on Spotify" as it would automatically use your default music service (which can be set or changed in the Alexa app)

Hou1ie

Standard Member
By the way,
When I go to Spotify app, play music, then select C5A device and then I say "Alexa, stop" she stops. If I say "Alexa, resume", she resumes.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Have you downloaded the Spotify skill into Alexa. Iirc I had to do that at some point.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
No, sorry, was speaking generally with my other alexa devices.

Hou1ie

Standard Member
Did you get an answer to this, I have the same problem
No. I decided that it just doesn't work.
As a further test, I signed up for Amazon music and it works exactly as you would expect.
Not sure who to blame.
Do Alexa and C5A work together? Yes.
Do C5A and Spotify work together? Yes.
Do Spotify and Alexa work together? Yes.
Do Alexa, C5A and Spotify work together. No.

daztanny

Novice Member
No. I decided that it just doesn't work.
As a further test, I signed up for Amazon music and it works exactly as you would expect.
Not sure who to blame.
Do Alexa and C5A work together? Yes.
Do C5A and Spotify work together? Yes.
Do Spotify and Alexa work together? Yes.
Do Alexa, C5A and Spotify work together. No.
Thank you for your reply. Quite frustrating, you would have thought it would be a given that these would work together

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom