Question Audio playback problems when watching a Blu Ray

HD2k15

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I would seek advice on here about a problem I have been having for quite a while now.
I have owned my new AV kit since July (See my signature) and it has all been set up and I love it, but when I turn my Blu Ray player on and watch something say for example The Walking Dead, it sounds great through my surround sound but this problem I am having is so random I cannot pinpoint what is going wrong. If I pause the Blu Ray player and then press play after a few minutes, all the surround sound is boomy and extremely bassy, my subwoofer goes mental (it's as if the volume has been turned up max) and I have to pause it again then back on again and it plays fine again. And I can continue to watch without any problems, even pausing and playing without any problems.

Like I said this problem is so random as other times when pausing and starting a movie the audio playback is fine, but on other times the audio playback is extremely bassy and boomy and it requires me to switch my Blu Ray player off and back on again.

I do not have this problem with other sources, only the Blu Ray player. Cannot figure out why the Blu Ray player is acting so random and making my subwoofer so overpowering and bassy/boomy when watching movies?

I have brand new HDMi cables and the surround sound has been calibrated and I have no problems with other sources.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom