Quantcast

Audio output on LG C9 OLED TV using HDMI ARC

ErnieS

Novice Member
I am trying to find an audio output when using my home theater system so I can use ear phones AND have sound going to my surround sound system. This appears to be impossible on this TV. The optical signal appears to be dead when HDMI ARC is selected. Plugging into the headphones outlet kills the audio to all speakers. Do I have to turn to the amplifier to find a headphone outlet? Plugging into the amp headphone outlet also kills the speaker sound. ????

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Get a 4K HDMI audio adaptor which will pass-through the HDMI to the TV and give you stereo output to headphones.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I am trying to find an audio output when using my home theater system so I can use ear phones AND have sound going to my surround sound system. This appears to be impossible on this TV. The optical signal appears to be dead when HDMI ARC is selected. Plugging into the headphones outlet kills the audio to all speakers. Do I have to turn to the amplifier to find a headphone outlet? Plugging into the amp headphone outlet also kills the speaker sound. ????
What make and model of AV receiver. Does it have bluetooth. ?

Top Bottom