Audio out, usb media in?

toadoftoadhall

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm pretty new to projectors but OK with technology.
Am I right in thinking most projectors under 1k don't play media straight from a USB stick.
Am I right in thinking most under 1k don't pass sound via Bluetooth to external audio equipment.

I feel you'll find that it will most likely be manufacturer specific as to which ones have all the features you want. As a rule, the more basic the projector is, the more it will have regarding the extra features you are asking for as they need them to sell. What you will loose is quality of lens, adjustability, contrast and brightness will all be sacrificed. If you are also hoping good sound from the built in speakers, then these will sound like a transistor radio, so don't expect miracles

What and where are you hoping to use the projector?

Just converting garage to a cinema room.
Audio I'm OK with have 50 years experience with hifi. Just thought projectors would be similar to tvs in av, Bluetooth, media file playing.
Looking at the Benq W1720. Will be ceiling mounted, just thought it would be easy to Bluetooth audio to amp, and play files from USB.

Projectors in reality are nothing like TV's. They are closer to PC monitors if anything. You also have to take many factors into account from throw ratio, light in the room, seating position from screen plus a few other things. The HDMI cable can also present more than a few issue as these are nothing like audio cables and do have limits

Regarding the audio, how are you expecting to get the audio back to the system and is your audio/hifi HDMI compliant?

Well, I was hoping that the projector could send audio by Bluetooth to a receiver on the amp. My Denon 1803 doesn't have hdmi in, so going to have to install a hdmi cable now from ceiling and down the wall to a bluray player, and use the optical out to the amp.
Just thought audio by Bluetooth, and media playable through USB would be normal on projectors by now.

Sadly not, usually you’ll find Bluetooth within projectors as receivers not transmitter. So, yeah the way you have mentioned is what you will have to do

Deal: FIBBR 8K HDMI Fiber Optic Cable, 48Gbps Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable/AOC Support 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz/144Hz HDR eARC Compatible with PS5, Xbox Series X, PC, TV (5m/16.4ft) Amazon product ASIN B09L142L4T
Would this be OK over 5m

I would put a shout out to other members to see if any of them have used it. HDMI cables are a fickle thing

Upto 5m should be fine, but after that, it’s down to each manufacturer and how it interact with the two devices it’s communicating with. Sorry I’m not more help, but it’s like throwing a load of coins in the air and then guessing how many will land head up before they hit the floor

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom