Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Audio out problem with Viera TH-37PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Colin S, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Colin S

Colin S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've just purchased a 37" Viera and have been setting it up this evening. All is well except I can't get audio out from the TV to my Sony Surround system. I've connected white & red RCA cables from the back of the TV to the inputs on the Sony but no sound appears. This worked previously on my Tosh CRT. Am I missing a setting somewhere on the Viera which will enable the audio out?
    Any advice much appreciated.
    thanks
    Colin

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I have the audio outs from my Viera hooked up to a Sony 5.1 amp and all works fine. I would try another set of phono leads and see if this cures the problem. If not then try hooking up the Viera to something else just as a test and also try another source into your amp's stereo in. Hopefully that should narrow down where the problem lies, i.e. Viera, cables or amp.

S.

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I use the same method to hook my Viera up to the home cinema with no problems too. I suggest you check connections are snug and do what Steve say to do some elimination tests.

4. Colin S

Colin S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input guys. The cause of the problem turned out to be the RGB-only scart used to connect AV4 to the Sony system; when I changed this to a normal 2 way Scart the audio out from Viera to Sony using the phonos worked. Not sure why this happened but it did! Have now replaced the RGB-only QED AV41 with an IXOS XHT601 and all is well, with no noticeable difference in picture quality.
    Thanks for your help,
    Colin