Audio Out on

davecabezo

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an LG 47lv3550-zh tv and want to connect external wireless headphones. I cannot however find an audio out socket for the transmitter. Can someone tell me how it can be done.

Regards Dave

Are you sure your [2011] LG television doesn't offer a headphone output?

On the older LG's the headphone port can be found on the left side of the TV below the USB input / PCMCIA card slot / HDMI port...

I have an LG 47lv3550-zh tv and want to connect external wireless headphones. I cannot however find an audio out socket for the transmitter. Can someone tell me how it can be done.

Regards Dave

According to the manual it's on the side by HDMI 3.

Many thanks for your reply, I have tried that socket but as soon as I insert the stereo lead the sound cuts out from the TV and no sound from the head phones either.
It's all a bit frustrating.

Dave

But you said you could not find an audio out socket, there are two headphone and optical digital.

Regards Dave

Many thanks for your reply, I have tried that socket but as soon as I insert the stereo lead the sound cuts out from the TV and no sound from the head phones either.
It's all a bit frustrating.

Dave

The TV's speakers will be muted when you plug the headphones in. So there maybe an issue elsewhere.

What do you mean "stereo lead"? Are the headphones not plugged in direct?

But you said you could not find an audio out socket, there are two headphone and optical digital.

The TV's speakers will be muted when you plug the headphones in. So there maybe an issue elsewhere.

What do you mean "stereo lead"? Are the headphones not plugged in direct?
Thank you for the reply Fred,
Can you tell me where the other audio out socket is and the optical digital. I would need to get adapters for the optical digital.
If the TV speakers are muted then that is no good as my wife watches TV also but I need a higher volume (Age related!). I bought wireless headphones but the transmitter mutes the sound when plugged in.I seem to remember years ago I plugged in headphones which didn't mute the speakers but can't remember where I plugged them in.

Thank you for the reply Fred,
Can you tell me where the other audio out socket is and the optical digital. I would need to get adapters for the optical digital.
If the TV speakers are muted then that is no good as my wife watches TV also but I need a higher volume (Age related!). I bought wireless headphones but the transmitter mutes the sound when plugged in.I seem to remember years ago I plugged in headphones which didn't mute the speakers but can't remember where I plugged them in.

"What do you mean "stereo lead"? Are the headphones not plugged in direct?"

Optical is on the back.

With all due respect I suggest you read the OM, it shows the sockets and mentions the TV speakers muting and is free from the LGEUK website.

Stereo lead refers to the headphone transmitter lead. I tried the manual section of the LG website but when I entered the model number it said "No Product Available"
Will try again tomorrow.
Many thanks for your help

Dave

Stereo lead refers to the headphone transmitter lead. I tried the manual section of the LG website but when I entered the model number it said "No Product Available"
Will try again tomorrow.
Many thanks for your help

Dave

The search facility on the LGEUK website appears to be broken for older models, I could not find my TV directly, use search engine instead.

The TV's user manual is easily found with a Google search.
There is only 1 headphone out socket and it does mute the internal speaker if a cable with a 3.5mm plug is inserted…so that rules out it's use with your headphone transmitter lead.
The only output you can use that still allows the TV speakers to operate is the optical out on the rear connection panel.
You will need a D/A convertor with it's own volume control.
Have a look on Amazon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom