Audio out on PS3

PS3 Tag, Luggs

Novice Member
What can 7.1 be relayed on, will opti carry it, will HDMI carry it, the PS3 as all the settings to enable it. A friend, XBox owner,:thumbsdow, reckons you can only get it down digital component cables !!

IAN P

Novice Member
7.1 only from hdmi(and only if your amp supports it),you can't get any sound through component cables,optical will get you 5.1

PS3 Tag, Luggs

Novice Member
Drink you under a barbi any day this summer, I'll supply the "Bud", get your sel round, we'll get you a chop on,

IAN P

Novice Member
Drink you under a barbi any day this summer, I'll supply the "Bud", get your sel round, we'll get you a chop on,
:thumbsup:

Tell your mate that component cables are analogue and not digital,even though they can provide an HD signal,up to 1080i for blu-ray and 1080p for games.

PS3 Tag, Luggs

Novice Member
Here lies a problem, lets assume all HDMI sources feed a Yam 7.1 system (you now the one, 4 in, with HDMI out to panel, this would mean that each time the input source was changed, the colour settings would be all to cock as the panel only recieves one input, as you must know, gaming colours are nothing like Sky HD colours, What would help is a panel with 4 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out to 7.1 system, see you at the "Barbi"

IAN P

Novice Member
You have a point,unless your tv can save the colour settings for each source,then it's a pain in the ass i suppose.

PS3 Tag, Luggs

Novice Member
It can, I'm on a Sharp 42, had a Sammy 40, each can have independant, is that spelt right, settings for each input source, and all settings remain unique to that input, this is why a true single HDMI input monitor will be useless no matter how much technology moves on, the way forward is a "4 HDMI in, 1 out" to sound system, what ever the panel see's, the 7.1 gets, you simply adjust the vol on the sound system !!