1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio or Video+Audio connections through Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by -=Stu=-, May 15, 2005.

1. -=Stu=-

-=Stu=-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I am hoping to order a Denon AVR-2805 or 2105 later this week but am trying to work out the best way to connect up my equipment. There are 3 component connections on both Denon models which should allow me to connect at least the DVD, Xbox and Sky from a video point of view. What I'm unsure on is whether there are any advantages or disadvantages which suggests which way is better, audio only or audio + video through receiver (and monitor output to TV)

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
    Stuart.

Sony 36" TV
    Denon 2805
    Pioneer DV-575A DVD
    Xbox
    Sky+
    Auto AV Switch Box

2. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    What connections does the sony TV have ?

3. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Stu,

Like with everything in this business there are advantages and disadvantages.

Connecting everyting through the receiver allows you to cut down on cabling and control all items centrally.

Connecting directly to the TV gives you the "theoretically" better picture as all needless connections are removed. However, having said that, the downgrade in the signal will probably not be noticable. In my case, connecting via the receiver actually improved the picture by removing the green banding from a Pioneer DVD player and Panasonic display.