Audio line-In to a Android Phone for Video Recording?

Tempest

Was not 100% sure the best place to post this question, so if you think I should try another specific forum location please let me know..... :)

I'm wanting to record myself playing Electric Drums using my Pixel Phone.

Video wise, no issue of course, I'll just stick the phone on a tripod and position it as I wish.
It's the Audio side of things I'm unsure about.
Given these are electronic drums, the sound comes from a Line-Out on the drum module, then into an amp/speaker/headphone.

So my question is, can I buy an adaptor that allows me to plug a stereo mini-jack (headphone jack socket) into such an adaptor, and then, this adaptor plugs into the USB C socket on my phone?
And then use software on the phone which will record the video, and the audio coming in via this port?

Tempest

As a follow up.
I see you can easy buy these type of things:

But are these built for just audio OUTPUT so you can plug headphones into your modern phone which does not have a headphone jack?
Or are they all a 2-way thing, and will accept an incoming line-level signal which can be recorded using suitable software?

Steven

Senior Moderator
A USB C to 3.5mm adaptor should allow you to use a 3.5mm mic

Or invest in a USB C terminated mic

People who film / record with their smartphone can probably provide input on audio recording quality. Happy to move the thread if requested 😎

Tempest

A USB C to 3.5mm adaptor should allow you to use a 3.5mm mic

Or invest in a USB C terminated mic

People who film / record with their smartphone can probably provide input on audio recording quality. Happy to move the thread if requested 😎

Thanks, yes, please move this thread into any area you feel would be more likely to provide better answers.
Note: I'm not after a Microphone to record sounds "in the room"
All the sounds. Backing track and my physical electric drumming will be sent via typical line level signals, via headphone jacks, and then onto an Amp or Heaphones.
But in this case I want it plugged into the Phone to be able to input this feed.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom