1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Lead query

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by joelatos, Jan 10, 2005.

1. joelatos

joelatos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an LG plasma that has component input, and a Panasonic E55 with component output. The video leads are understood, but I want to play the audio via my Sony Amp, but when I put the audio leads from my DVD recorder to the amp no sound comes out of the Plasma, but when I put the leads from the DVD into the Plasma I get sound from it, but of course then not out of the Amp. Is there a way of connenting via component (so that I get progressive scan) but so that I get audio out of both the Plasa and the Amp?

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Do you mean using the amp and the plasma speakers at the same time? You could connect the pre-out sockets on your Sony amp (if it has them) to the audio inputs on your plasma.

Alternatively, use a digital connection to your Sony amp (assuming it's an AV amp) and an analogue connection to your plasma.

The final option (if you've only got analogue available) is to get some RCA Y-splitters and put them inline with the signal to get 2 available outputs from a single signal. These are very common in car-audio so that's probably the first place to look if you want to go down this route. :)

3. joelatos

joelatos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Will probably go down the digital route as my Amp does have digital connection