1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio keeps cutting out?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by iMan, Feb 11, 2005.

1. iMan

iMan
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a home cinema projection system based around a Mitsubishi DLP projector and a 7 feet screen. The problem is with either the receiver or dvd player (in progressive scan mode), both are JVC.

I'll be watching a film and every now and then the sound will cut out totally for about 1 second, not much, but if it happens during a piece of dialogue you can miss 2 or 3 words. It happens randomly and there is no strict timing as to when it does it. On average it will happen between 3 and 7 times throughout a film and I haven't got a clue why it happens.

The system components are as follows:

Mitsubishi dlp projector
    JVC XV-NA77 dvd player
    JVC RX-5032V receiver/amp
    Keff Egg KHT2005.2 speakers and subwoofer

Please note I have also posted this in a different section as I'm not sure which component it is.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,907
    Have you checked the integrity of the audio cable(s) between the DVD player and the amp?

Assuming you have it connected digitally (phono OR toslink) try putting an analog connection in place, and forcing the amp to "see" the analog signal - and see if it recurs. This may help to narrow it down.

Beg borrow or steal another DVD player and try this, using exactly the same (digital?) connection that you use for your JVC. This should determine if the problem is in the DVD player or the amp - if it persists, the amp (or cable) is suspect.

Or, if your DVD player has a headphone outlet - try that.