• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

audio issues with ps3 and john carter??

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
hello all,

just bought the john carter bluray and im getting intermittent audio glitches (sound drop outs, never in the same place twice)..all my other disks play fine the audio is dts HR..

is anyone else getting this issue?

BJQ1972

Yes. Not sure if it is PS3 related or not though. I switched the audio to PCM output rather than Bitstream and it was OK after that.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Yes. Not sure if it is PS3 related or not though. I switched the audio to PCM output rather than Bitstream and it was OK after that.

will give it a go. what amp are you using?

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
after experimenting last night here are my findings.

the culprit for me is the amp as described above..

solutions

by changing the output on the ps3 to pcm..it plays the audio fine..

but last night i disabled the internet connection when playing the film (which you can do in the ps3 menus, and what do you know..it will play the BITSTREAM without any problems whatsoever, so it WAS the bluray live stuff causing the issue for my amp...

doesnt really matter now as im going U.S anyway, but at least we have solved a problem, never got to watch the film as by the time id finished messing around i was tired and went to bed

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom