Audio issue with Samsung LN-S4051D

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by dpf1978, Aug 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. dpf1978

dpf1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum but it seems like the best place on the web to get good technical info.

The problem I'm having is this:

I purchased a Samsung LN-S4051D 40" LCD television last week. Everything works great but when I connect an auxiliary audio source, the auxiliary audio is a few milliseconds behind the sound coming from the television, causing an echo/layering effect that makes it impossible to enjoy what I'm watching.

I've tried 2 different DVD players and 2 different stereos with the same results in all cases. I can only think of 3 possibilities as to what is wrong:

1. The Samsung LN-S4051D plays DVD audio much lower than regular television and game audio--and maybe all stereos/surround sound setups have a delay but the low TV volume is making it much more noticable?

2. There is something wrong with the audio-out on the TV and I need to contact the manufacturer or return it to the store. (Oh god, I really hope this isn't the problem.)

3. The audio cables I'm using are at least 5 years old and are causing the delay. (I've used the same two sets for all my tests but they are both 5+ years old)

The audio cables I'm using are your standard red and white cables.

Any suggestions short of returning the TV or having Samsung send a technician out?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

2. dpf1978

dpf1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I read through the forums I'm getting the impression that audio delay is pretty common with an auxiliary device...is that correct?

3. dpf1978

dpf1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh this is just fantastic...I just called Samsung and they told me I need to return the TV or have a technician come out. I guess not it's not normal for there to be a slight audio delay when you connect a stereo to the TV.

4. dpf1978

dpf1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, before I return this to the store, can anyone think of any OTHER reason why I would be getting an audio delay on the stereos and why the DVD audio would be so much lower than the TV and game audio?