Audio issue with Samsung LN-S4051D

D

dpf1978

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum but it seems like the best place on the web to get good technical info.

The problem I'm having is this:

I purchased a Samsung LN-S4051D 40" LCD television last week. Everything works great but when I connect an auxiliary audio source, the auxiliary audio is a few milliseconds behind the sound coming from the television, causing an echo/layering effect that makes it impossible to enjoy what I'm watching.

I've tried 2 different DVD players and 2 different stereos with the same results in all cases. I can only think of 3 possibilities as to what is wrong:

1. The Samsung LN-S4051D plays DVD audio much lower than regular television and game audio--and maybe all stereos/surround sound setups have a delay but the low TV volume is making it much more noticable?

2. There is something wrong with the audio-out on the TV and I need to contact the manufacturer or return it to the store. (Oh god, I really hope this isn't the problem.)

3. The audio cables I'm using are at least 5 years old and are causing the delay. (I've used the same two sets for all my tests but they are both 5+ years old)

The audio cables I'm using are your standard red and white cables.

Any suggestions short of returning the TV or having Samsung send a technician out?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

D

dpf1978

As I read through the forums I'm getting the impression that audio delay is pretty common with an auxiliary device...is that correct?

D

dpf1978

Oh this is just fantastic...I just called Samsung and they told me I need to return the TV or have a technician come out. I guess not it's not normal for there to be a slight audio delay when you connect a stereo to the TV.

D

dpf1978

So, before I return this to the store, can anyone think of any OTHER reason why I would be getting an audio delay on the stereos and why the DVD audio would be so much lower than the TV and game audio?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom