• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Audio for bathroom - mid refit

Looops

Standard Member
Hi everyone.
I'm midway through refitting my bathroom and now is a good time to install bathroom audio.
I'd like an iPod dock, DAB and internet radio into a pair of ceiling speakers. I want to put the dock into a bathroom cabinet powered with a low voltage feed from the loft above. Not too worried about remote control but would be useful.

There's loads of docks with DAB and internet radio but any suggestions for one that supports external speakers and has a low voltage power connection? Also suggestions for speakers would be great.

Audio quality is pretty important but cost is even more so. The bathroom has cost so much I'm just about skint.

Cheers all.
Paul.

sounddog

Not quite what you asked for... But how about a simple Blutooth receiver into a T-amp (or other similar small / budget amplifier). Add a separate DAB if needed - your iphone can then be used for either radio or other sources.

If you want; add a pull switch to turn a power socket in the loft on and off.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
How about a bluetooh speaker like Jawbone Jambox or Bose Soundlink mini? Connect the iphone either by bluetooth or 3.5mm phono and away you go

The JamBox is rechargeable by usb, not sure about the Bose, but both will fill any size bathroom with pretty darn good sound.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Bose mini is rechargeable but you would be better off with a denon or yamaha onkyo midi hifi with dock for what you are trying to do or a sonos connect amp...
MCR-232 - HiFi Systems - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

MCR-N560D - HiFi Systems - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

Onkyo | CR-N755

Onkyo | CS-255DAB

Just add your chosen ceiling speakers

Not quite what you asked for... But how about a simple Blutooth receiver into a T-amp (or other similar small / budget amplifier). Add a separate DAB if needed - your iphone can then be used for either radio or other sources.

If you want; add a pull switch to turn a power socket in the loft on and off.

nasty but will work Buy - AVID In-Wall Stereo Audio Amplifier - Clever Little Box | BuyCleverStuff

Low voltage PSU Clever Little Box: Audio Visual Technology

Last edited:

nacmacfeegle

Distinguished Member
How about a bluetooh speaker like Jawbone Jambox or Bose Soundlink mini? Connect the iphone either by bluetooth or 3.5mm phono and away you go

The JamBox is rechargeable by usb, not sure about the Bose, but both will fill any size bathroom with pretty darn good sound.

I agre with Don Dadda here, but I use a Logitech UE Boom, and its surprisingly good sound for a BT Mono speaker, its waterproof so I can hang it in the shower cubicle, and doubles for patio/BBQ/ etc outdoor sounds. 15hr battery life on a single charge.

Reliable, trouble free BT pairing every time. I normally use mine with Ipeng enabled for playback from my squeezebox library. Other family members have different devices (HTC etc) with similar ease of connection and playback.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom