• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Audio error when projector on

Heterocephalus

Novice Member
Dear all,
I've been roaming the forums trying to find an answer, unsuccessfully obviously. Thanks a lot in advance for you help:

My problem: I don't get proper audio from my rear speakers (depending on what I play, either no sound at all, or what seems to be a mix of front lateral and rear sound). Instead, the rear sounds are heard from the front lateral speakers.

My setup: Receiver Yamaha RX-471 receiving data from hdmi cable plugged to my computer (macbook pro). Receiver is plugged to a 5.1 sound system Bose acoustimass 10 serie IV, and to a projector BenQ W1090 (via hdmi).

The strangest thing is that, when I turn off the projector (and after the handshake is redone), the audio works perfectly (channel/speaker match).

I'm new to the forum, sorry if that's not the most appropriate place to post this. Again thanks a lot in advance for you help!
Eli

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom