Audio dropout on XF900

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Ginge75, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Ginge75

Ginge75
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi folks. I’m new to this forum so pleased Bare with me. I have a Sony xf900 connected to a Sony xf9000 soundbar. The trouble is when I’m streaming 4K hdr content from Netflix or prime video the audio keeps dropping out for a split second sometimes several times a minute. It seems to happen more with action scenes than during quieter moments. I’ve tried various settings to solve it but I’ve had no luck. I’ve even turned Bravia sync off but now that has really screwed up the lip sync. Does anyone have any ideas ? I’m regretting spending £18 on Infinity war on prime today because it was spoiled by the audio.

2. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    sounds like a handshake issue. What hdmi cables are you using, are they certified premium ones or can handle 18gbps?

3. Ginge75

Ginge75
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The hdmi cables can handle 18gbps. They are the latest spec. Thinking now, when I set my soundbar to receive audio through optical connection I don’t have the issue. I’ve tried compressing the audio hoping that would work but had no luck there.

4. lee667

lee667

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    If optical is fine then it's got to be the hdmi cable. I've got an amazon high speed cable and a kabeldirekt one and both are fine with Netflix and amazon 4k as well as uhd discs.