Audio dropout - DD+ Q90T

Daveyboy1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, wonder if you can help.

I’ve now tried both a firestick and a roku stick plugged directly into tv and both have exactly the same issue.

they both decode DD+, the sound is fine until about 45 mins. However, Every 45 mins or so I get a sound cut out of about 1 second. The sound continues after the drop out and the 45 mins later another drop out.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Anyone else know how. I’ve tried different hdmi ports.

I have to set the settings to pass through in audio settings as with auto, I just get really weird audio sync issues and it’s not fixable.

What TV?

I have something like this with Q90T where every so often (probably 3-4 times during a 4K film) the sound cuts out for a second, I thought it was the Bluray player that was faulty at first (skipping when reading the disc) but then I realised the picture isn't actually affected it's just the sound.

I did a search and there seems to be various reports online about similar issues:

Are Samsung aware of it? will it be fixed in upcoming firmware? I have no idea but I hope so.

What TV?

I have something like this with Q90T where every so often (probably 3-4 times during a 4K film) the sound cuts out for a second, I thought it was the Bluray player that was faulty at first (skipping when reading the disc) but then I realised the picture isn't actually affected it's just the sound.

I did a search and there seems to be various reports online about similar issues:

Are Samsung aware of it? will it be fixed in upcoming firmware? I have no idea but I hope so.
Ah ok so I thought I added the tv but obviously didn’t. It’s a Q90T as well. So I’ve suffered with the frame rate drop since day 1 but thought that was the only issue but now I’ve realised this is also an issue as well. Such a disappointment for such an expensive tv.

I notice it’s usually around the 45 min mark that the sound will just drop out but it’s only ever a brief second and then comes straight back again until another 45 mins later or so when it does it again.

guess this is something else then that won’t be fixed. Seems Samsung don’t seem to fix too many bugs but hope I’m proved wrong.

Ah ok so I thought I added the tv but obviously didn’t. It’s a Q90T as well. So I’ve suffered with the frame rate drop since day 1 but thought that was the only issue but now I’ve realised this is also an issue as well. Such a disappointment for such an expensive tv.

I notice it’s usually around the 45 min mark that the sound will just drop out but it’s only ever a brief second and then comes straight back again until another 45 mins later or so when it does it again.

guess this is something else then that won’t be fixed. Seems Samsung don’t seem to fix too many bugs but hope I’m proved wrong.
Ps. Mine isn’t to do with Atmos. It’s just normal DD+

I have the same issue with ps5 connected to TV(q90t) and earc to the soundbar. It's definitely the TV as happens also when just using the TV speakers. Both TV and soundbar have the latest firmware available.

I have the same issue with ps5 connected to TV(q90t) and earc to the soundbar. It's definitely the TV as happens also when just using the TV speakers. Both TV and soundbar have the latest firmware available.
Yeah it’s the tv, any device plugged into it has the issue. I’ve tried roku and firestick and both do same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom