Question Audio drop outs when using ARC with Ruipro fibre optic HDMI

Rick84

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I’ve installed the Ruipro fibre optic hdmi cable which runs from my LG c8 to my AVR, I’m getting very frequent audio dropouts (every couple of minutes) when using ARC.

Any thoughts as to why ?

Rick

Hi Rick

How long is the RuiPro cable you have and is this a new purchase?

Joe

How long is the RuiPro ? Following the thread on HDMI cables over on AVS Forums ARC dropouts and no ARC at all were common on longer cables that they tested. When I installed mine, a ran a toslink next to it, in case mine became problematic. Hopefully e-ARC should deal with many of the ARC issues.

I find ARC a pain to test as my Arcam AVR throws a wobble whenever I enable CEC/ARC unless I disconnect most of the Source devices connected to the AVR.

I would not normally expect issues with ARC on the 'short' cable runs up to 15m - has the cable been working for you previously with ARC?

Joe

I find ARC a pain to test as my Arcam AVR throws a wobble whenever I enable CEC/ARC unless I disconnect most of the Source devices connected to the AVR.

I would not normally expect issues with ARC on the 'short' cable runs up to 15m - has the cable been working for you previously with ARC?

Joe
Ever since we started watching Netflix/amazon it’s been the same and that’s been for quite some time now.

Could it be to do with the internet speed or is it the cable ?

Joe my 10m can be a bit hinky with Arc between my KS9000 and AVR-X3400H. Sometimes it’s fine other times it’s spotty. If you read all of the AVS thread it was a common problem.

Joe my 10m can be a bit hinky with Arc between my KS9000 and AVR-X3400H. Sometimes it’s fine other times it’s spotty. If you read all of the AVS thread it was a common problem.
Is this something that’s been rectified ?

Internet speed - no.

Cable - they 'test' fine in a test environment, the problems with ARC can arise once you put them into a live system where the combination of TV, Cable and AVR all play a part.

As per previous post with my own LG TV + Arcam combination CEC is such a nightmare that ARC doesn't get a look in, I don't use my TV as a Source device.

Joe

I’ve ruled out the Arcam because I had the same issue with a denon 6400, I also don’t experience any problems with CEC in my current setup.

It’ll be interesting to hear if you have the same issue with the audio dropping when you get chance to test.

Yes. Denon AVRs ship with a hard copy of the original Firmware flashed on a ROM. You can return the AVR to this firmware if a normal factory reset does not work.

I’ve tried a few master resets and the firmware has since been updated. I’ll do the same with the tv see if that helps

Have been running SKY Q (V1) > 15m RuiPro > LG EF950 > 15m RuiPro > Arcam SR250 - no drop outs so far with ARC enabled.

Everything else is disconnected from the TV and AVR.

Joe

Last edited:
Have been running SKY Q (V1) > 15m RuiPro > LG EF950 > 15m RuiPro > Arcam SR250 - no drop outs so far with ARC enabled.

Everything else is disconnected from the TV and AVR.

Joe

It’s when watching Netflix/amazon prime (streaming services) not Sky.

Amazon Prime (using the TV App) seems to be trouble free too from my testing.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom