Audio distorted using pcm via earc

Rieper47

Is anyone else using an LG c9 with ps5 and eArc for lpcm? I'm getting an intermittent issue with my setup where sometimes the ps5 audio is very distorted. It's immediately obvious when this happens, as even the home screen audio is all buzzy/fuzzy.
Switching the audio output on ps5 from pcm to Dolby or DTS then back again seems to sort this out but the issue returns every couple of days.
My setup is:
Ps5 to C9 using the supplied Sony cable.
C9 to Denon 2600h using Omar premium certified cable.
Ps5 hdmi output device = AV amplifier (maybe I need to change this to TV? But then I lose the ability to change options like number of channels and speaker placement)
Ps5 output = linear pcm
Both Denon and C9 have eArc enabled.
C9 audio out set to passthrough

Multi channel in appears on the Denon display if it's distorted or not. Lpcm works fine sometimes so not really sure where to go with this. Any advice would be appreciated 😁

rbj

I have the same TV and AVR, I have this issue as well. It's not done it for a couple of weeks though. I read before that it might have something to do with the headset I use (SteelSeries Arctis 7).

Rieper47

I found a user on Reddit with the same issue but with a different tv so I'm starting to think it's a bug with our avr or the ps5 rather than the c9 at this point.
Link

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom