Audio delay

J

jdenver

Can anyone recommend a AV amp or receiver/amp that has audio delay. I like the Yamaha 750 but as I would like to get the Mordaunt short premiere plus speaker system I feel this amp would be too powerful.

p.s. I have been told that audio delay is important to aid lip-sync, is this an issue.

Any advise...

If you like the sound of the Yam 750 and can afford it then IMO you should get this receiver. Don't worry about it being too powerful as you are more likely to blow the speakers if you push up the volume and the amps start to struggle. Just keep the volume down and you should have no problems with your chosen setup.

Lip-sync adjustment can be important if you have a large display as it will be more obvious the larger the screen. Also things like video processors can add to the delay, this includes the processing done in all digital displays such as a plasma. On a 28" CRT TV you are far less likely to see any delay between the video & audio than on a 42" plasma.
Some people (like me :rolleyes: ) are more likely to see the delay than others. I have been watching a DVD on a friends system and the lip-sync delay has been far too obvious to me, but they have not noticed. Don't look too hard for it and you may be lucky and never notice the delay.

Mark.

I'm running the Mordaunt short premiere plus speaker system with a Yamaha RX-V1500. Granted, I've only been running it for a couple of weeks but have had no problems with the amp being too powerful. I was originally going to get the 750 but went for the 1500 at the last minute. The people I bought the system from (Peter Tyson), who have a good reputation as a supplier, said both amps would be a good match for the speakers. I think you will find a fair few people on the forums running the same system.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom