Audio Delay

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by calypso699, Feb 28, 2013.

1. calypso699

calypso699
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm having an audio synch issue ever since upgrading my tv about a week ago. I went from a 40" Toshiba to a 55" Vizio (M3D550KDE). Whenever I play a DVD through my PS3, the audio is a fraction of a second early. This never happened with my old tv. The PS3 is hooked up to the tv with an HDMI cable, while the audio is being sent through an optical cable to my Sony (STR-K750P) receiver. The receiver is about 10 years old, so it does not have an option to delay the audio. The strange thing is, watching Netflix through the PS3 the audio is spot on. I was considering upgrading my receiver, but if I correct the audio while watching DVD's I suspect that the audio while watching Netflix would then be affected. Is this the case? Can anyone explain to me why this is happening on my new tv and only while watching DVD's? What are my options here to solve this problem? Thanks so much for your help!

Mitch

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,438
    If you updated your receiver for a new one then you would route the HDMI through the receiver. By doing this the receiver should do auto lipsync anyway so would mean all sources etc. should be fine.

3. spud12345

spud12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have you tried turning off any video processing on the TV?

4. calypso699

calypso699
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering if buying a new receiver would solve the problem. I never even thought of running the HDMI through it also.

I did try turn off all the processing on the TV and it seems to have helped a little. I guess its time to start shopping for a new receiver :mad:.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013