Audio delay with optical audio in to PC

S

Steve1138

Am having problems with audio synch delay when using optical IN to the soundcard, when capturing stuff to PC. Audio track is running too slow relative to video, even though I'm forcing synch between audio & video when using VirtualDub. Also dropping lots of frames (count is displayed in real time during VirtualDub capture).

Just found that if I use the ANALOG stereo input to sound card - it's all FINE. (no lost frames either)
But this would defeat the object of having the digital-out on the Sky+ (AND having just bought the sound card with optical I/O's)

Any fixes to cure this delay problem - or do I just have to settle for analog audio input istead of digital ?

Have been trying it with WinDVR & PowerVCR for direct to MPEG capture, and Terratec Cinergy TV software and VirtualDub to capture to AVI, for post-conversion to MPEG VCD/SVCD.
(Using codecs: PICVideo + YUY2 at 19 / 20 and HuffYUV + RGB24, also tried direct to DivX as well as post-converting from first pass AVI to DivX)
Plan is to use this to capture stuff from Sky+ to PC, but currently testing using the DVD player with S-vid out and optical audio. (PC not in same room yet as Sky+)

Terratec Cinergy 400 TV card (using S-vid in, for capture)
Terratec Aureon 5.1 Fun sound card (bought for optical I/O, and started using optical IN)

P4 1800 + 40 GB 7200rpm HDD (UDMA 5) + 512 MB RIMM + XP Home (+ SP 1)

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom