• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

audio delay through HDMI modulator

marky doc

Novice Member
I have problems with two customers using a Conexer hdmi modulator and another using a minimod one. Both a run through six way wolsey distribution amps with sky pass. Delay is quite significant and I have used both of these on other occasions with no problems. Both customers are using Sony tvs.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Do you have a delay when you use the TV speakers?

I would always expect audio and video to be out of sync when you separate video and audio down different signal paths - especially if you have any form of conversion or modulation in the video path.

Joe

marky doc

Novice Member
Joe thanks for the reply.
the video and audio both come down the coax cable.
these are the only two modulators that ive had a problem with out of probably a dozen recently.
could it be anything to do the sony tvs?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Try minimising any video processing in the SONY - turn Off any features which claim to improve image quality.

Try a different model of TV on a temp connection to see if you still have the sync issue.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom