1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio delay on digital amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by shuggy, Mar 4, 2005.

1. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    We are in a no mans land of technology change. I really fancied the yamaha 750 amp but am very concerned it will not be compatible with sky HD ie it will not take a HDMI/DVI HDCP input preventing playing sky hd to trhe digital telly. The yamaha SAXR70 will take this but does anyone know if it is HDCP compliant.Further the lack of audio delay might lead to lip sync problems This is going to be an ongoing problem for everyone. Has anyone found an ideal product that doesnt require remortgaging

2. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    will it be possible to run the hdcp cable straight from sky hd to a dvi input but put the sound through the amp seperately?Will this leave the sound Lagging? Any experts?Thanks for your help

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    Good grrrief Shuggy (said in best DM voice :D ) .As no spec have been released its a big ask , 'cos all the answers will be guesses. I would imagine that the issues will be similar to the current lip sync problems some people have (not I :clap: ) .
    I would speculate in saying that it will have al the normal connections + a HDMI output .
    So long as it has Optical out , it'll be compatable
    Ask again in six months , actually make it 12 :D
    John

4. stelyn

stelyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you mean the panasonic saxr70?

5. shuggy

shuggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    sorry yes the panny. thanks for your reply J scarlet. i guess I get carried away. Being a control freak isnt all roses you know!!
    Shuggy