Audio confussion no sound on EP30/35

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by charliess, Feb 4, 2009.

1. charliess

charliess
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi really weird one I have a lot of HD movies and so far all play perfectly except:

Blade Runner Final Cut 2 Disc UK Audio True HD
    Star Trek The original Series Season 1 UK DD 5.1

In both cases I get no audio on the English sound track, but if I play the German or French ones all is fine in the case of the Blade runner disc Dolby Digital + appears on my onkyo. But what ever I try I cannot get an English sound track. All the other discs I have play perfectly. I have the latest firmware on the EP30 and have cross flashed it to the EP35 firmware and gone region free with Vikings hack.

Does anyone have any suggestions here as it is really weird.

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    if you have cross flashed your e-30 to make it part e-35 you will need to switch the direct audio to off or you wont get true hd audio as at the moment you are bitstreaming and hence dd+ is on your display, to get any audio which is true hd you need the e30 to decode and you should see pcm on the display. The cross flashed e30 will only bitstream dd+ and no other audio if left in direct mode you wont get any audio from true hd discs like your blade runner which has english true hd and foreign dd+. As for why your other disc isnt working i dont know, try setting your audio to auto.

3. charliess

charliess
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that. It worked and now I think about it seems so simple.