1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio clips

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by lampshuk, Jun 16, 2003.

1. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm putting together a little family "film" with the kids and need a couple of bits of soundtrack for "mood music" to round it off:

"James Bond" theme - Not the proper "performance" versions, but the "bum-biddy-bum-bum" that says "Bond"

Similarly
    "Darth Vader" theme - "Bom-bom-BOM-bom-di-bom-bom-di-bom"

and
    "Messing about on the River"

I'm looking for a source where I can get suitable format file to include as a soundtrack. Ideally free, but I'd be happy to pay a small fee.

Any ideas?

2. JimM

JimM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'd have a look on the peer to peer (P2P) networks such as kazaa, imesh etc, you can find pretty much any music you like.

Obviously there are copyright issues here but that's really down to your moral standpoint. Personally I think there is a big difference between using a snippet for a private home movie and commercially ripping whole tracks etc for re-sale

If you want to be a bit more legit, then buy the dvds and lift the sound from there. I believe (but am likely to be corrected) that if you have bought the film/cd then you can make copies of it for private use, plus you get to watch the film as an added bonus.

HTH

Jim

ps Mods - if the suggestions are against posting rules (I couldn't find any) then please delete

3. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aha. I have not yet looked into ripping a sound track from a DVD. No probs with CD, of course: How would I go about it?

4. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found them just by doing a search on google. A couple of sites had options to download music and even trailers from the movies. Can't remember what they were now, but not difficult to find

5. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, all. I thought I had posted a reply previosuly but it seems not to have gone up.

Anyway, I tried Kazaa and found almost all I was looking for (no "messing about on the river"). These clips have definitely spiced up the movies rather nicely.

I'll give Google a try as well, David. Thanks,

Lampsh.

6. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have to say I'm impressed - Google found a forum that contained a link to "scunnered.com" that has an MP3 of "messing about.."

Quite astonishingly useful.

Thanks for reminding me of how useful Google can be, Dave.

Lampshuk.