1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Cd's on a DVD disc.

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by JohnS, Feb 27, 2003.

1. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My new to arrive next month Honda CRV has an onboard Sat Nav system which is DVD based, it obviously uses the DVD player to play CD's but its a single disc in the dash and I've always had a mutichanger in the boot before. What I wondered is will I be able to copy say 8-9 cd's onto a dvd-r and then play them back and illiminate the need for constant disc swapping?

2. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If what you are suggesting is true, that would mean that you cant listen to CD's while using the satNav. Surely this can't be right ?

Double check as that sounds like pants to me.

I'm presently waiting for my new car also, which has satNav, but this has an independant glove box mounted player for the DVD-Rom discs. Fail to see that any system worth the money would operate any different.

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hmm you might be right, hadn't thought of that but I know you can play DVD's on it for display in the sat nav screen when stationary.