1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio CD performance of Jamo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rhamer, May 8, 2004.

1. rhamer

rhamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Rewading the various threads and reviews, I am very interested in buying a Jamo DVR 50 with Jamo speakers.

What is not clear to me is how well the system performs with audio cd playback, as this will be the main system in my living room - does anyone have any comments on this? It will be replacing a 10-15 year old Arcam Alpha II amp, so presumably will be a step up anyway!

Are there any good "walk in" shops selling it below £500 in the London area - mail order deliveries can be a bit of a problem ...

Thanks,
    Rich

2. rhamer

rhamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to say, my other option which has been touched on in a similar thread would be to go for something like the Marantz DV4300 plus Tannoy FX5.1 plus some kind of slimline AV amp (Pioneer VSXC301?).
    It's not clear to me which setup would be best, either for home cinema or for audio listening.
    I'm not too keen on something taking up too much space - even one of those tall AV amps is a bit too chunky for the space available. A DVD plus slimline amp is about all I have room for.