Audio card

wilders

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've basically read back over the last years posts on SPDIF out to an external amp, and am still a little confused.....

I have a Soundblaster 4.1 soundcard which has SPDIF socket which I can connect to my amp, but want good quality sound.

I am prepared to buy the MAudio 410 card but only if the quality is noticably better. Is there really a difference in sound quality? There seem to be so many differing opinions.....

I only will be using this for movies so is there really a difference in sound quality from the different spdif sockets?

Thanks in advance....

Hi

I have just recently been in the same position as you.

All I have is a soundblaster live value sound card (probably a few models down from yours) with an s/pdif output.

I was quite prepared to buy a new soundcard but thought I would give it a go anyway, so I tried this out last week and was amazed first of all that it worked and also the quality of it.

I have it going into my Denon 3802 amp and could not tell the difference between the sound through the s/pdif output or the sound directly from my standalone DVD player to the amp.

Try it out and see what you think.

Cheers
Greg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom