Audio automatically unmuting on 70PUS8556/12 in conjuction with Yamaha amp and Virgin 360

Zheez

Novice Member
Hi all,

I took delivery of a 70PUS8556/12 TV today and so far I'm quite happy with it. However I've got a really annoying problem. If I mute the audio it will automatically unmute itself after a few seconds. I am using:

70PUS8556/12
Virgin Media 360 TV box
Yamaha RX-V581 amp

Firmware on everything is up to date.

It worked perfectly fine with the same amp and the same Virgin box with my previous Sony TV - everything was as you'd expect it to be. With this setup the problem appears to be caused by the Virgin box. Even if I'm using the PS5 or any other device hooked up to the amp, the audio will unmute itself automatically as long as the Virgin box is connected and powered up, whether it's connected directly to the TV or to the amp.

I've changed the amp HDMI port since all 4 ports on this TV support ARC but it makes no difference. If I turn the Virgin box off, I can then mute the PS5 or any other input without any problem.

It's really quite baffling and although it shouldn't really be a big deal, it's annoying me all the same. Does anyone have any thoughts?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom