1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio around the house..

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by fraserm, Sep 9, 2004.

1. fraserm

fraserm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I recently had my house rewired and while I had it done, I had the electrician run wires from the loft, to each room with the hope of being able to play music from my PC's remotely. (ie. They are in the loft, and I can pipe the music into each room).

My original plan was to have a 3.5mm stereo jack plugged into the soundcards in the loft, and then have a 3.5mm stereo socket at the other end in each room. From here I`d plug it into the amp per room, and hey presto.

However, I have realised that the sparky has put 2 core wire in. No idea of the techy name, but its basically 2 insulated wires (look like copper) within a plastic sheath.

I just learnt / realise that I need an earth wire as well to be able to wire up a 3.5mm stereo jack!

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I could do instead? I`d love to be able to use these wires somehow to get stereo music into each of my rooms, but I`m now at a bit of a loss about what to do!

Any suggestions much appreciated!! :cool: