Audio and video settings, is it possible to have 2 configurations

andyman2

Established Member
Reaction score
I connect my PS3 to both a Plasma and a projector via an HDMI splitter. The video and audio settings are different between the 2 displays and it is a pain to change them each time I swap devices. Is there any way to automate this? It would be nice to have 2 different profile settings, but I can't see any way to do it.

No sadly not. For my setup I've had to compromise. Its optical audio and 720P video in the lounge and a 1080P capable set in another room but no amp (linked together all through a HDMI matrix switch)

I leave my PS3 set to 720P with optical audio and turn on the new multi audio output option which sends 2 channel sound through all of the other sound connection options (HDMI and the analogue outputs on the standard AV lead) but leaves my optical setup (surround modes etc etc)

If I wanted I could switch settings to gain the benefits of 1080P on the dining room set but TBH I'm happy with my compromise settingsn and don't normally bother.

Thanks for the response Jamie, I will need to look to see if I can modify the audio connections, but a great shame all the same

What different options do you need to switch between exactly?

Well quite a few. I use the PS3 mainly for blu-ray playback on the projector and send the HDMI output via the splitter to a a/v receiver. So the settings for this are:

Audio - bitstream and all possible audio enabled
video - I think is somethink like full RBG and 1080P/24

If the kids are playing games then I only allow them to use the Plama (!)

Audio - LPCM 44KHz
Video - 720P and Limited RGB

The 720/1080 I could make a compromise as there is marginal difference for me anyway. But the Audio options are more tricky.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom