1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio and Video connections through Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Malkyboy, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Malkyboy

Malkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having recently purchased a new Yamaha RX-V640 Receiver and Yamaha DVD-S540 DVD, I’m struggling a bit with the connections for these to my existing TV, VCR, NTL Digital box, and Mini Disk Recorder. The audio side of things seems fine and sounds great, but I can’t seem to get a decent quality of picture with the video connected through the Amp. Basically I want all of the video AND audio routed through the amp to make it far easier to use (less buttons to press on fewer remotes!).

I’ve attached an image of how I have everything connected at present, with details of the types of connections I have on each.

The problems I have are:
    1) When routing the video from the DVD through the Amp the picture is a bit fuzzy and not near as good quality as if having a straight scart connection from the DVD to the TV.
    2) I cannot get any picture from my VCR by using scart to video & audio phono connections between the VCR and the Amp. The manual for the Amp says that the normal signal flow through is S-Video to S-Video, but you can switch to allow Video to S-Video through the amp. But I can’t get it to work.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea on the first one, and the only solution I see to the second one is to buy Scart to S-Video leads for the VCR in and out connections (but reluctant to spend even more money on leads unless absolutely necessary).

Attached Files: