1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by geoff66, Mar 20, 2005.

1. geoff66

geoff66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have up to £600 to spend on a new audio amp & I'm looking at Cyrus, Aracm, NAD & Rotel. I leaning towards the NAD C372 at the moment but cannot make up my mind.

Any thoughts/recommendations.

p.s. I did look at a Denon 2805 but decided a dedicated audio amp sounded better.

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. geoff66

geoff66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Thanks for the reply - I had not really considered the exposure 2010 (are you refering to the integrated amp?) as I have not seen many comments about it.

I assume you rate it ?

geoff

4. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Geoff66

Yes, the new “s” version is very good at this (£600) price point, but then again at this level there are loads of fine units to select from. For me the real magic of the 2010s is that for the first time you have a simple package that crosses over between the likes of Naim with it’s PRaT (Pace, Rhythm & Timing) presentation and the open transparency of other makes. There should be quite a few of the pre “s” versions about and although these are also good the newer one is better, in every area. Others to consider are Musical Fidelity. I would never get anything from MF new as they change their products so frequently there’s always plenty of second hand stuff to choose from and they’re usually solid performers. Or if you want a totally different but quite wonderful sound, now Sugden have released their new SE version of the A21a the standard ones are becoming more available at lower cost. Choices, choices…..

Paul

5. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    What is the rest of the system and would you consider second hand or DIY kits

6. geoff66

geoff66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    System is really old and tatty so so i'm replacing it all bit at a time. First off is amp & speakers, allocated £600 each. Speakers must be in like new so going for new MA Silver 6 speakers but don't mind if amp is second hand (dont show in cabinet much).