Audio across the width of a room

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by chrisgeary, Nov 1, 2005.

1. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    All,

I have always listened to audio along the length of a room in the past. Usually this produces the best bass response. However, in my new house, the length of the room is somewhat tricky to work with due to door positions.

Attached is a rough diagram of where everything will go. If the sub goes in the corner as indicated, will I be able to get good response where the sofa is, or will it be a dead spot (as I fear it might be)? I will be BFD'ing the room, but as I have only ever sat at the other end of the length of the room, and whenever I've been sat in the middle its always been bass dead. Obviously when the sub arrives, I will work out the best place for it to go, but I wanted some advice ahead of time from those in the know.

The room is 5m x 3.5m.

cheers

Chris

Attached Files:

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i think you may be ok with that.......being in a corner should allow it to fill the whole room, if not drag it to the right a little, i used to sit in a rectangular room in a similar kind of setup altho my chair was more forward........bass was fine.......however i will say that the room has two shallow alcoves behind me, not sure how much difference that might have made.